PRIVACY AT CHALEUR
Your Data is Secure
Chaleur may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from November 2019 and shall be interpreted in all respects in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia.
Personal information we collect
When used in this policy, “personal information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Personal information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you.
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- residential or business address;
- email address;
- post code;
- age and date of birth;
- telephone number;
We may also collect information from you that is not personal information because it does not identify you personally. This information is normally retained with your personal information and may include:
- your shopping preferences and a list of products and services you have purchased from Chaleur. This may include your shopping history, product types, specifications, sizes, dimensions, colours, occasion date, or other attributes of products and services we have provided to you or may provide to you in the future;
- information we require to deliver, service or fulfil warranty obligations for products or services;
- your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS, direct mail, or other);
- information you provide to us via our customer service centre, website, or social media in relation to our products and services; and
- device identification information when you use a computer, mobile phone, smart phone, tablet, or other device to interact with us through our online store. This information may include session cookies, your device IMEI number, IP address or MAC address.
We may use temporary (session) cookies or permanent cookies when you access our website. This allows us to recognise your browser and track the web pages you have visited.
- place items in your shopping basket;
- keep track of your current order;
- help identify you as you move around Chaleur’s website; and
- provide site usage information which, together with purchasing information, will help us improve and develop the products and services we offer.
These cookies do not store any personal information. You will need to enable cookies in order to use this website to register your details and to make purchases.
If you send us personal information that we have not requested, or we determine that the personal information you have provided to us is not reasonably necessary or directly related to any of our functions or activities, we may de-identify or delete this information without notifying you to protect your privacy.
How we collect your personal information
Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you access and use our website;
- during conversations with our team members;
- when you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means)
How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
If you provide information to us electronically, we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties.
If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) form, this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
Data Collection and Accuracy
Any personal and non-personally identifiable information which you provide through this website or which Chaleur collect shall be used for statistical and marketing purposes (only with aggregated data), processing your order, managing your account, or responding to any comments or questions you may have.
Chaleur will endeavour to ensure that reasonable steps are taken to create accurate records of any personal information you provide through this website. However, we do not assume responsibility for confirming ongoing accuracy of your personal information.
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Chaleur take the privacy of our customers very seriously and we are committed to protecting the security of your data, both on and off line. For security reasons Chaleur strongly recommend that you do not send credit card numbers by standard email and only use the secure facility provided on our website.
Although Chaleur do our best to protect any personal information which you submit, the internet is not completely secure and as such we cannot guarantee the security of your data submitted to Chaleur through this website or any Application. Any transmission is at your own risk.
When you shop on Chaleur’s website, we ask you to input personal information such as your name, email address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections and credit/debit card information.
When you submit your personal information on this website you will be asked to consent to the processing and transfer of your personal information at the checkout stage, as set forth in this policy.
If we are unable to collect your personal information
If we are unable to collect your personal information, some or all of the following may occur:
- we may be unable to provide products or services to you, to the requested standard or at all;
- we may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about products and services that you have purchased from us, or may intend to purchase in the future;
- your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect.
Purpose of collection of your personal information
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (“Purpose”):
- to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- to provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- to carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way Chaleur and its related bodies corporate and service providers provide products and services to you;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you; or
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
Disclosure of your personal information
Chaleur use other companies to perform functions on our behalf in relation to the purposes included within this policy. Such functions include credit/debit card validation and authorisation, webhosting, data analysis, order fulfilment and mailings.
Any third party used by Chaleur may be provided with access to your personal information, but only where this information is relevant for them to perform their functions. Chaleur always stipulate that third parties adhere to the same procedures that we follow with respect to your personal information.
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers;
- our business advisors, including accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- if required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
Information given by you to other parties
So that we can provide a wide range of products and services to you, third parties offering products and services may be operating in our stores or channels from time to time. If you provide personal information to a third party, please contact that third party directly in relation to the handling of your personal information.
How you may access your information
You may access your personal information held by Chaleur by making a request to us.
- via email to
- via our Contact Us form
- between 9am and 9pm (AEST/AEDST) weekdays via Facebook or Instagram (@chaleur.candles) (Note, if contacting us via Social Media, please Private or Direct Message us so as to keep your personal details private.)
You may also access your own information where it is held via an online portal by accessing your own account over the internet.
Normally we will provide a record of your personal information to you via your preferred contact method (email) and we will not charge a fee.
If your request is unlawful or may interfere with the privacy of others we may reasonably refuse to provide access to your personal information.
Correction of your personal information
If you would like us to update or amend your personal information, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments.
We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
If you feel your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information above setting out the circumstances and reasons for your complaint.
Our team members will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 24 hours, and will normally respond to your request within 5 business days. If your complaint is complicated or requires further investigation, our response may take additional time to finalise.
We will respond to you by your preferred contact method if you have indicated one.